Actor Farhan Akhtar says though he is presently enjoying acting, his real potential lies in writing and directing films.
Before venturing into acting, Farhan, 40, directed, produced and wrote films. “I wanted to be associated with films, my strengths were in writing and direction. When I did films like ‘Dil Chahta Hai’, ‘Lakshya’ and ‘Don’, I was working closely with actors. I felt I should try my hands in acting as I would learn lot of things as a director,” Farhan said at a promotional event of his upcoming film ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ last evening.
“I am happy to be acting in films. I did ‘Rock On’. The experience was good and I explored it further. I don’t think about what people think about me, like taking me seriously or not. My focus is to continue doing good work. I am thankful to audience for the acceptance and support they have shown over the years,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Post the success of ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, the perception of people towards Farhan has changed and he is grateful for it. “I am thankful that everyone’s work in this film was appreciated by the audience and the film fraternity. We are very happy that people have recognised our hard work. If people have some kind of anticipation from me, from my films, it reminds me to stay focused on my work and making right choices. It encourages me further,” Farhan said.
Farhan has acted in both solo hero and multi-starrer films and he is fine doing any kind of film. “Wherever my part is adding to the overall film I will do it. As long as the script is good and my part is interesting, I am glad to do that film. I have no problem working with anyone. I want to go good films,” he said.
“Except ‘Karthik Calling Karthik’ and ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, every film that I did had ensemble cast. Even my upcoming film with Zoya Akhtar has an ensemble cast including Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma, Priyanka Chopra, it is a multi starrer film,” he said.
Farhan, who is looking forward to the release of ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’, is excited as well as nervous. Directed by Saket Chaudhary, the film is set to release on February 28.
“There are lot of emotions when a film releases. There is excitement and nervousness, anxiety how people will react to it. We enjoyed doing the film and hope the audience will also like it,” he said.
The romantic comedy, starring Farhan and Vidya Balan, will see the actor-filmmaker showing his comic side. “In this film…the dialogues and situations are funny. I have got a chance to do comedy. It is said that comedy is serious business. One has to be serious when doing comedy. Timing and rapport with co-star are important,” he added.