Actor Farhan Akhtar says though he is presently enjoying acting, his real potential lies in writing and directing films.
Before venturing into acting, Farhan, 40, directed, produced and wrote films. “I wanted to be associated with films, my strengths were in writing and direction. When I did films like ‘Dil Chahta Hai’, ‘Lakshya’ and ‘Don’, I was working closely with actors. I felt I should try my hands in acting as I would learn lot of things as a director,” Farhan said at a promotional event of his upcoming film ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ last evening.
“I am happy to be acting in films. I did ‘Rock On’. The experience was good and I explored it further. I don’t think about what people think about me, like taking me seriously or not. My focus is to continue doing good work. I am thankful to audience for the acceptance and support they have shown over the years,” he said.
Post the success of ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, the perception of people towards Farhan has changed and he is grateful for it. “I am thankful that everyone’s work in this film was appreciated by the audience and the film fraternity. We are very happy that people have recognised our hard work. If people have some kind of anticipation from me, from my films, it reminds me to stay focused on my work and making right choices. It encourages me further,” Farhan said.
Farhan has acted in both solo hero and multi-starrer films and he is fine doing any kind of film. “Wherever my part is adding to the overall film I will do it. As long as the script is good and my part is interesting, I am glad to do that film. I have no problem working with anyone. I want to go good films,” he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Except ‘Karthik Calling Karthik’ and ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, every film that I did had ensemble cast. Even my upcoming film with Zoya Akhtar has an ensemble cast including Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma, Priyanka Chopra, it is a multi starrer film,” he said.
Farhan, who is looking forward to the release of ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’, is excited as well as nervous. Directed by Saket Chaudhary, the film is set to release on February 28.
“There are lot of emotions when a film releases. There is excitement and nervousness, anxiety how people will react to it. We enjoyed doing the film and hope the audience will also like it,” he said.
The romantic comedy, starring Farhan and Vidya Balan, will see the actor-filmmaker showing his comic side. “In this film…the dialogues and situations are funny. I have got a chance to do comedy. It is said that comedy is serious business. One has to be serious when doing comedy. Timing and rapport with co-star are important,” he added.