The music album of Rock On 2 has not become as popular as the original 2008 film, but director Shujaat Saudagar hopes the songs will be recognized once the movie is out. Shujaat, who is making his directorial debut with Rock On 2, said the lyrics of the rock musical drama film adds a lot to the story and people will start liking the songs when they will see them in the movie.
“I know the music has still not picked up with the audience. But I hope it will be liked by people once the film is released. The lyrics of the songs are part of the story. They add a lot to the whole scene. We have used a lot of local tunes and made an effort to bring alive the essence of Northeast through the music,” Shujaat said. Despite having hit numbers in the first part, the filmmaker went on to create a whole new album and intentionally decided to not use the popular songs from the previous film, except the title track.
“We wanted to make a new film and carry forward the story. There is no point in using old songs. There wouldn’t have been any difference in Rock On and Rock On 2 if the old songs were retained. The only reason we took Rock On the title track was because it is the theme song of the movie. The video is created only for promotional purpose as during the making I realized the song didn’t have any video even in the first film,” the director said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
While the film has Farhan Akhtar, Arjun Rampal and Purab Kohli reprising their roles, Shraddha Kapoor and Shashank Arora are the new addition to the cast. Set in the state of Meghalaya, Rock On 2 is scheduled to release on November 11.