Actor-singer Farhan Akhtar has showered praise on the performance of American rapper Jay-Z, during the Global Citizen India concert here. Jay-Z made his debut here at the Global Citizen India concert last evening with his hit ‘Bounce’, set against a sample of AR Rahman’s tune ‘Chaiya Chaiya’. He also crooned his hit songs ‘We gonna run this town tonight’, ’99 Problems’, ‘In Paris’, ‘Drunk In Love’ and his Panjabi MC collaboration ‘Beware Of The Boyz’.
“I enjoyed all the performances, it would be unfair to pick anyone in particular. Everyone has done a good job and entertained the crowd. I have never seen Jay-Z play before and when I saw it, I was blown,” Farhan said on the sidelines of the festival here last night. The 42-year-old actor-filmmaker believes everyone should work towards various social causes. “Start your own movement, do your own bit. Like education is important for kids, health and sanitation is essential for women and kids, gender equality, these are important things for better future and we all must work towards it,” he said.
Last night, the “Rock On” star performed on hit songs like ‘Sindbad the Sailer’ from ‘Rock On!!’, and ‘Hawan Karenge’ from ‘Bhag Milka Bhag’.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He also invited megastar Amitabh Bachchan on stage in the middle of his gig and the two sang “Yaari Teri Yaari” from their film Wazir. While Farhan played his guitar, Bachchan sang the song in his rich baritone.