“War Chhod Na Yaar” director Faraz Haider will be seen playing a cameo in his war comedy,starring Sharman Joshi and Soha Ali Khan.
Faraz,who is making his debut as a director with the film,is excited about his small role in the movie.
“Acting too is my passion. My actors Sharman Joshi and Soha Ali Khan inspired me to star in the film. When I gave them the narration of their characters they were so impressed by it that they said I can do any role in it. There is a character called X-Man in the film and I am playing that role,” Faraz told PTI.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Born in a small town in UP,Faraz started his career with Dibakar Banerjee. He assisted him on “Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye” and also had a small role with Abhay Deol in the climax.
Faraz said working with Dibakar helped him understand the nuances of filmmaking.
“Dibakar is one of the finest directors. I have learnt a lot from him. The best thing about him is that he works on minute detailing. He has a clear mind and knows what he needs from his actors. He knows what his final edit should look like. I tried to incorporate these qualities in my film,” he said.
In “War Chhod Na Yaar”,Faraz has delved into many layers of comedy – situational,spoofy,slapstick,tongue-in-cheek,and even over-the-top.
“It was necessary for me to try out all these in one film because the film is a satire on Indo-Pak relationship. It’s a sensitive issue and I cannot make fun of any situation or
circumstance,” he said.
The film has an unusual pairing of Soha,Sharman and Jaaved Jaaferi.
“For a newcomer like me,casting plays an important role. Sharman,Soha and Jaaved fall in the category of intelligent actors. They all are very particular,selective and choosy about their roles. When such actors accept to do your film,the value of the script increases and it gives a certain weight to it,” Faraz said.
“War Chhod Na Yaar” will hit theatres this Friday.