“War Chhod Na Yaar” director Faraz Haider will be seen playing a cameo in his war comedy,starring Sharman Joshi and Soha Ali Khan.
Faraz,who is making his debut as a director with the film,is excited about his small role in the movie.
“Acting too is my passion. My actors Sharman Joshi and Soha Ali Khan inspired me to star in the film. When I gave them the narration of their characters they were so impressed by it that they said I can do any role in it. There is a character called X-Man in the film and I am playing that role,” Faraz told PTI.
Born in a small town in UP,Faraz started his career with Dibakar Banerjee. He assisted him on “Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye” and also had a small role with Abhay Deol in the climax.
Faraz said working with Dibakar helped him understand the nuances of filmmaking.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Dibakar is one of the finest directors. I have learnt a lot from him. The best thing about him is that he works on minute detailing. He has a clear mind and knows what he needs from his actors. He knows what his final edit should look like. I tried to incorporate these qualities in my film,” he said.
In “War Chhod Na Yaar”,Faraz has delved into many layers of comedy – situational,spoofy,slapstick,tongue-in-cheek,and even over-the-top.
“It was necessary for me to try out all these in one film because the film is a satire on Indo-Pak relationship. It’s a sensitive issue and I cannot make fun of any situation or
circumstance,” he said.
The film has an unusual pairing of Soha,Sharman and Jaaved Jaaferi.
“For a newcomer like me,casting plays an important role. Sharman,Soha and Jaaved fall in the category of intelligent actors. They all are very particular,selective and choosy about their roles. When such actors accept to do your film,the value of the script increases and it gives a certain weight to it,” Faraz said.
“War Chhod Na Yaar” will hit theatres this Friday.