Writer duo Sajid-Farhad Samji, who are making their debut as directors with Akshay Kumar starrer ‘It’s Entertainment’, say they keep the family audiences in mind while writing a story.
Sajid and Farhad have previously written the scripts of films like ‘Bol Bachchan’, ‘Housefull 2’, ‘Ready’, ‘Golmaal Returns’ and ‘Golmaal 3’.
Adult comedies may have made their entry in Bollywood but the writer-director duo say they are not comfortable in that space. “We will never attempt sex or adult comedy. We feel uneasy in that space. We think if one doesn’t enjoy making a film then it is not possible to make others happy. Writing sex comedy is easy and it is not that challenging,” Sajid-Farhad told PTI.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Whatever we write (script, dialogues) we keep family audience in mind. We want to make family entertainer movies,” they said. With Akshay starring in their directorial debut, Sajid-Farhad say they could not have asked for more. “We dreamt of becoming directors and it has come true with ‘Its Entertainment’. Akshay is a fabulous actor and a human being. He is like a friend and has been supportive to us,” they said. The film revolves around a dog, called ‘Entertainment’.
“We got well trained dogs for the film. Films like ‘Hathi Mere Saathi’ and ‘Teri Meherbaniyan’ were superhits. When you have animals in the film the emotion quotient comes in,” Sajid-Farhad said. “People will laugh out watching the film but it will touch their hearts as well. We did not see risk factor in this film.”
Though the duo has worked with ace director Rohit Shetty on a couple of films but it’s not just him who inspires them. They are encouraged by the kind of work director Raju Hirani does. “Rajkumar Hirani comes up with a film that has comedy, drama, emotion and message… he comes up with a complete package. We hope even if we get 10 per cent of what he does with his film then we are winners. He is our idol,” Sajid-Farhad said.
Farhad co-wrote the song ‘M Bole To’ with Rahat Indori for Hirani’s ‘Munnabhai MBBS’.
‘It’s Entertainment’ stars Tamannaah, Mithun Chakraborty, Johnny Lever, Prakash Raj, Sonu Sood and Krushna Abhishek. The film, co-produced by Tips Industries Ltd and Jayantilal Gada (PEN), will release on August 8.