Writer duo Sajid-Farhad Samji, who are making their debut as directors with Akshay Kumar starrer ‘It’s Entertainment’, say they keep the family audiences in mind while writing a story.
Sajid and Farhad have previously written the scripts of films like ‘Bol Bachchan’, ‘Housefull 2’, ‘Ready’, ‘Golmaal Returns’ and ‘Golmaal 3’.
Adult comedies may have made their entry in Bollywood but the writer-director duo say they are not comfortable in that space. “We will never attempt sex or adult comedy. We feel uneasy in that space. We think if one doesn’t enjoy making a film then it is not possible to make others happy. Writing sex comedy is easy and it is not that challenging,” Sajid-Farhad told PTI.
“Whatever we write (script, dialogues) we keep family audience in mind. We want to make family entertainer movies,” they said. With Akshay starring in their directorial debut, Sajid-Farhad say they could not have asked for more. “We dreamt of becoming directors and it has come true with ‘Its Entertainment’. Akshay is a fabulous actor and a human being. He is like a friend and has been supportive to us,” they said. The film revolves around a dog, called ‘Entertainment’.
“We got well trained dogs for the film. Films like ‘Hathi Mere Saathi’ and ‘Teri Meherbaniyan’ were superhits. When you have animals in the film the emotion quotient comes in,” Sajid-Farhad said. “People will laugh out watching the film but it will touch their hearts as well. We did not see risk factor in this film.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Though the duo has worked with ace director Rohit Shetty on a couple of films but it’s not just him who inspires them. They are encouraged by the kind of work director Raju Hirani does. “Rajkumar Hirani comes up with a film that has comedy, drama, emotion and message… he comes up with a complete package. We hope even if we get 10 per cent of what he does with his film then we are winners. He is our idol,” Sajid-Farhad said.
Farhad co-wrote the song ‘M Bole To’ with Rahat Indori for Hirani’s ‘Munnabhai MBBS’.
‘It’s Entertainment’ stars Tamannaah, Mithun Chakraborty, Johnny Lever, Prakash Raj, Sonu Sood and Krushna Abhishek. The film, co-produced by Tips Industries Ltd and Jayantilal Gada (PEN), will release on August 8.