| New Delhi | Updated: August 23, 2014 1:14 pm
‘Mardaani’ is not a ‘Kill Bill’, but it’s definitely a Kill Boredom. Great performances by known actors (Rani) and unknown actors alike lift the movie above a hundred ‘Dabangg-Singham’ clones, and we thought it was a fun cop thriller.
Our Express LOL reporter met his regular share of celebs at the red carpet premiere. The first was the original woman-no-one-wanted-to-mess-with: Rani Laxmibai of Jhansi.
Next up, he met someone more current: Ravi Shastri, and asked the Director of Team India for feedback on the Direction of Mardaani.
Bollywood has had a recent fascination with police movies, and our reporter met the original – Chulbul Pandey – to get his thoughts on the latest.
Finally, our reporter met with the star of the other big action movie at the weekend box office. Sylvester Stallone seemed pleased with Mardaani, though his expression gave nothing away.
With a better last half, ‘Mardaani’ could have been a really good movie. It’s still a fun watch.
– by Anupama and Vinit for Laugh Out Loud Ventures
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations