You know you’re in 2014 when the elements of a commercial movie are the Mandarin language, anti-depressants, ACP Pradyuman, an industrialist called Mukesh Adnani and a flourishing saree shop. Parineeti Chopra plays what is probably the most unconventional lead Bollywood role since Darsheel Safary, while Siddharth Malhotra leaves his SOTY days far behind him. Hasee Toh Phasee was like a breath of fresh air for those of us who have recently survived films like Jai Ho and Yaariyan.
Our reporter, as always, was first on the scene to record everyone’s reactions. The first person he saw was a “young” politician in white, and he went over.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Our reporter thought to himself that this was probably the first time Rahul Gandhi gave even partially meaningful answers, despite confining himself to his usual responses. However, the thought of listening to the same words again was too painful, and he decided to speak to another guest present at the star-studded premiere.
Our reporter went off thanking his stars that the title hadn’t ended up as “Aaj wedding hai Punjabi Punjabi Punjabi Punjabi”. Suddenly, he saw one of Siddharth’s ex co-stars examining herself closely in the mirror. After a quick check to make sure there was no food stuck in his teeth, he walked over to her.