The experts who worked on M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story, based on Mahendra Singh Dhoni, say that it was difficult to recreate the footage where the India’s star skipper played in milestone matches.
Media services company Prime Focus delivered Digital Intermediate (DI) services for the biopic, which has actor Sushant Singh Rajput playing the title role.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“The film is rooted in real-world events, so all our efforts were focused on creating visuals that complement the storyline and the creative vision of the director whilst simultaneously creating credibility and authenticity,” Niraj Sanghai, Vice President, Film Sales (India) Prime Focus, said in a statement.
“One of the main challenges for the Prime Focus team was recreating footage of Dhoni playing for the Indian cricket team in milestone matches, seamlessly inserting actor Sushant Singh Rajput into the scenes to ensure the continuity of the narrative.
“It was very important for the team to understand these sensitivities and deliver the sequences accordingly, and I’m very proud of the work we contributed for this film,” Sanghai added.
The creative teams at Prime Focus also needed to find ways to convincingly support the maturing of Dhoni from school boy to Indian cricket captain, using VFX and DI to not only authentically recreate the various time periods of his life but also to help transition Sushant between the various ages of Dhoni that the actor was portraying.
The same techniques were used which are similar to those used in creating the younger version of character Steve Rogers in Hollywood film Captain America: The First Avenger.