Young and versatile actor Rajkummar Rao, who will be seen in Ramesh Sippy’s film “Shimla Mirchi”, says the movie is unusual and that he’s excited about romancing Bollywood’s “dreamgirl” Hema Malini in it.
“It’s (‘Shimla Mirchi’ is) a very unusual film. It’s a rom-com and the treatment of the film is going to be very different. I am extremely excited to romance Hema Malini on screen,” Rajkummar told IANS.
Without divulging the film’s plot, Rajkummar went on to share that he has so far “not got an opportunity to meet Hema ji, but it’s a dream come true to share the screen space with the ‘dreamgirl’.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Shimla Mirchi” is a romantic comedy, and if reports are to be believed, its story is about how a single mother (Hema Malini) and her daughter (Rakul Preet Singh) fall in love with the same man, essayed by Rajkummar.
Rajkummar says the makers of “Shimla Mirchi” have asked him to gain weight for the film.
“The film will be widely shot in Shimla and I have been asked to gain weight by the makers of the film. I am working very hard to gain weight as I had lost seven kg for ‘Citylights’. I have a personal trainer who is working with me to help me gain weight,” he added.
“Shimla Mirchi” will go on floors in mid-September.