Filmmaker Anand Gandhi says he cannot wait for his play’s big screen adaptation, starring Kajol, to go on floors. The Ship of Thesus maker, who has directed many popular plays, has also co-written the screenplay for the film, which will be produced by Ajay Devgn.
“It has been great collaborating with Ajay on the movie. I am glad that a play I did many years ago has now been chosen to be made into a movie. I am excited about the fact that it will feature Kajol,” Gandhi told PTI. The producer is, meanwhile, looking forward to the release of his documentary An Insignifanct Man, which chronicles the birth of Aam Aadmi Party and the rise of its leader Arvind Kejriwal.
The movie, which marks the directorail debut of Khushboo Ranka and Vinay Shukla, has earned acclaim at various festivals across the globe including Toronto International Film Festival and Mumbai International Film Fest.
“It is the result of a brave vision of Khushboo and Vinay. I came in much later. They are far-sighted people as they saw much before anyone of us that AAP would become too big and hence decided to film the whole movement. Everyone believed that the movement won’t go too far,” Gandhi said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The producer said the fact that AAP members never interfered with the filming of the documentary helped the movie take an unbiased stand. Gandhi said they would like Kejriwal, who is now the Chief Minister of Delhi, to watch the film.
“I want to show him the film. In fact, I want all political parties to watch the documentary. It should start a discussion, that’s what I want.”
Talking about the response to the film at 18th Jio MAMI Mumbai International Film Festival, the filmmaker said, “It is always special when your home audience receives the movie well. So many people have liked the movie and we can’t wait for its theatrical release.”