Ex-lovers Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma, who will be romacing each other in Zoya Akhtar’s ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’, have been avoiding each other on the film’s sets. Could Ranveer’s current girlfriend Deepika be the reason?
The actors, along with the entire cast Priyanka Chopra, Farhan Akhtar, are currently filming for the movie in Spain. Deepika is also holidaying in Spain with her family and friends.
‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ , a family drama, is Ranveer and Anushka’s first film together post their break up in 2012.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Ever since Zoya Akhtar’s announcement of pairing Ranveer and Anushka was knownm, there were speculations whether the duo can pull off a ‘Ranbir-Deepika’. Ex-lovers Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone came together for ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ post their split and were seen to be quite comfortable with each other while shooting and during promotions.
The on location photos posted by the cast and crew of the film also hint that Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma may have been avoiding each other.
Actress Priyanka Chopra, who plays Ranveer Singh’s sister in the film, recently posted a picture on social networking site Twitter, which shows the cast and crew of the film – Zoya, Farhan Akhtar, Anushka Sharma, and others in the backdrop of a setting sun. The only one missing is Ranveer Singh.
— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) June 17, 2014
During the early stages of the film, the group shots included Ranveer but did not have Anushka Sharma in them. The actress joined the crew later (in the end on May) as she was busy wrapping up her home production ‘NH10’ in Jodhpur. However, even after she had joined the crew, she did not join her ex-beau Ranveer Singh and others in the group pics.
— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) June 4, 2014
In an early interview, Ranveer Singh had said he shares a special bond with the actress and is looking forward to working with her (Anushka). “Yes… we are in touch with each other. We share a very healthy and professional relationship. I believe Anushka is one of the best young actors in our country. She is incredibly talented and we work well together. I share special chemistry with her. I am excited to work with her again as it has been a long gap since we worked together.”
Ranveer Singh further siad, “I was waiting for the next opportunity where I will get to work with her (Anushka) again as we worked well together in our previous films. She hasn’t been part of prep process as she got back from shooting of ‘NH 10′.”
Ranveer, 28, and Anushka first appeared together in his debut movie ‘Band Baaja Baarat’, which was a box office success and the two hit off instantly. They were later seen together in ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’. The two met on the sets of ‘Band Baaja Baarat’ and dated for almost three years until 2012, when they seperated.
Currently Ranveer Singh is believed to be dating his ‘Ram-Leela’ co-star Deepika Padukone, with whom he was on a cruise trip recently. Meanwhile, Anushka Sharma is rumoured to be dating cricketer Virat Kohli.
‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ also features Farhan Akhtar, Anil Kapoor and Shefali Shah. Apparently, the film revolves around a Punjabi family on a cruise trip. It is produced by Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar’s Excel Entertainment and scheduled to release next year in June. (With PTI inputs)