Even after ‘Fan’, SRK doesn’t understand how people love him so much

Shah Rukh Khan said: "Before I could become a fan, I became a star. I still don't understand how people love me so much... care for me and their mothers and children and families (also shower affections). It is quite a responsibility for me sometimes."

By: IANS | Kolkata | Updated: January 12, 2016 7:44 pm
Shah Rukh Khan, SRK, SRK Fan, Shah Rukh Khan Fan Superstar Shah Rukh Khan says shooting for his forthcoming film ‘Fan’ has been a difficult journey as an actor, but says he still doesn’t have any clarity on how people love him so much. (Source: PTI)

“Before I could become a fan, I became a star. I still don’t understand how people love me so much… care for me and their mothers and children and families (also shower affections). It is quite a responsibility for me sometimes…,” Shah Rukh Khan noted.

In Maneesh Sharma’s ‘Fan’, slated to release on April 15, SRK essays a fan obsessed with a reigning superstar who looks just like him, and travels to Mumbai to meet the actor. (Shah Rukh Khan disappointed with Dilwale box office collections in India)

Quizzed on how he juggled playing the role of an obsessed fan, Shah Rukh Khan said it felt ‘quite schizophrenic’ to do that. “One has to maintain a dignity of what a fan is. That part I have kept in mind. It’s been a difficult journey as an actor… quite schizophrenic … quite dichotomous.”

The ‘Dilwale’ star revealed his take on stardom and clarified that he is not a fan of himself. (Dilwale movie review)

“Not at all… I am amazed that I should have become a star. My general belief is people who become actors are people who do not love themselves. They just want to be a different person every morning. People who love themselves become extremely fantastic stars. So, I am not a big fan of myself,” he added.

The 50-year-old actor was in the city on Monday to launch Nerolac Paints’ coffee table book ‘Shades of Bengal’.

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

Sirius
    Jan 12, 2016 at 1:50 pm
    Mr. Khan : You have insulted my nation and its people via your deable comments. I express my anguish by withdrawing my support for anything ociated with you or your extended family.
      ahmed
      Jan 12, 2016 at 5:50 pm
      fanatic saffron terrorist
        ahmed
        Jan 12, 2016 at 1:29 pm
        to all SRK haters: What do you have to say about the Hindu intellectuals and writers who actually started the "Intolerance" issue while protesting against the killings of writers by right wing fanatics? Will you call these hindu intellectuals as anti-nationals? will you ask them to go to stan? stop ur blind hate campaign man. clean ur mind.
          mehta arabi
          Jan 12, 2016 at 11:55 am
          Fan movie will be the landmark in SRK's career. SRK haters barks as much as you can because you are just Born to do it and cry. Shah Rukh KHAN is the most por movie star in the world. This is not a small thing to be World's Biggest Films Star amongst millions of actors
            Rajesh
            Jan 12, 2016 at 11:23 am
            Oh god. Fan is a move in which SRK is a fan of SRK and also looks exactly like SRK....because you know, Bollywood fans are s who will watch any nonsense.
              Rajesh
              Jan 12, 2016 at 10:48 am
              SImple, SRK. They are s. Who else could be a fan of yours? Even today you, a middle aged man, can play a college student and your s fans will come out to watch the movie? They have no sense whatsoever.
                disgusted
                Jan 13, 2016 at 2:24 am
                Your pea brain can't understand good cinema. "28 car bumps in single scene" !!?? ROFL!
                  disgusted
                  Jan 13, 2016 at 12:14 am
                  @Editor: Kindly spare us from this 'paid' filth!