Superstar Shah Rukh Khan says shooting for his forthcoming film ‘Fan’ has been a difficult journey as an actor, but says he still doesn’t have any clarity on how people love him so much.
“Before I could become a fan, I became a star. I still don’t understand how people love me so much… care for me and their mothers and children and families (also shower affections). It is quite a responsibility for me sometimes…,” Shah Rukh Khan noted.
In Maneesh Sharma’s ‘Fan’, slated to release on April 15, SRK essays a fan obsessed with a reigning superstar who looks just like him, and travels to Mumbai to meet the actor. (Shah Rukh Khan disappointed with Dilwale box office collections in India)
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Quizzed on how he juggled playing the role of an obsessed fan, Shah Rukh Khan said it felt ‘quite schizophrenic’ to do that. “One has to maintain a dignity of what a fan is. That part I have kept in mind. It’s been a difficult journey as an actor… quite schizophrenic … quite dichotomous.”
The ‘Dilwale’ star revealed his take on stardom and clarified that he is not a fan of himself. (Dilwale movie review)
“Not at all… I am amazed that I should have become a star. My general belief is people who become actors are people who do not love themselves. They just want to be a different person every morning. People who love themselves become extremely fantastic stars. So, I am not a big fan of myself,” he added.
The 50-year-old actor was in the city on Monday to launch Nerolac Paints’ coffee table book ‘Shades of Bengal’.