Popular Pakistani actor Fawad Khan, who is making his debut in Bollywood with the remake of ‘Khoobsurat’, a cult comedy of the 80s, says his entry into Hindi films was not pre-planned and hence he was nervous facing the new world of cinema here.
“I did not have preconceived notions about Bollywood. (But) There was nervousness as I was to enter and be part of a different world of entertainment which I have not experienced,” Fawad said in an interview here. “It was not pre planned… to come to Bollywood and do a film. As an artiste one should go wherever the work takes you. It’s a great opportunity for actors to showcase their talent,” he said.
The 32-year-old celebrity has given memorable performances in Pakistan TV shows like ‘Humsafar’ and ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai’ among others. He made his film debut in 2007 with ‘Khuda Kay Liye’ which was the highest-grossing Pakistani film of 2007.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He then appeared in ‘Armaan’. Even though Fawad is new to Bollywood, thanks to his memorable performances in Pakistani shows and films, he is immensely popular in India. “I am grateful and thankful for all the love, warmth and appreciation that I am getting here,” he adds. The casting director of ‘Khoobsurat’ was quite impressed with the work Fawad had done back home in Pakistan and felt he was the perfect choice to step into the shoes of yesteryear actor Rakesh Roshan for the remake version.
Read: I do things only if my heart is in it: Fawad Khan
‘Khoobsurat’ starring Sonam Kapoor in the lead is a women centric film and Fawad did not think that his Bollywood debut is a risky proposition. “I don’t think it is risky.. actually it is playing it safe. I have been part of women centric stuff in Pakistan. I think it is not fair to divide it (films) as women and men centrics. It ( Khoobsurat) is a classic romcom. As a newcomer, I felt it was better to attempt something safe,” Fawad said.
“I felt it was a good opportunity for me to do something different. As an artist I don’t want to stay in one place, I want to grow and explore myself. ‘Khubsoorat’ became an excuse for me to try out something different,” he added.
Fawad did see the original Hrishikesh Mukherjee film which featured Bollywood diva Rekha in the lead role. “I like to do my homework. When I was called for this film, I made sure I see the original one. I think it was a timeless classic film. I read the script of this film and I think it (original film) is an inspiration but other than that it is different. The campus and structure of this film is different,” he said.
In director Shashanka Ghosh’s version of ‘Khoobsurat’ Fawad plays the role of a prince. The film also stars Kirron Kher and Ratna Pathak and will hit theatres on September 19.