Sridevi’s Bollywood comeback vehicle ‘English Vinglish’ has registered a box office collection of $1 million in Japan. The veteran actress is elated.
The movie, backed by Eros International, continues to perform well at the box office after hitting theatres in Japan June 28.
After releasing in 33 screens initially, the film opened to audiences in another 17 odd screens additionally, taking the total screen count to 50 in across 20 cities in Japan, said a statement.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sridevi is happy with the dream run of the movie, which tells a moving tale of a home-bound woman who doesn’t know English and how an overseas trip helps her to bring out the best in her.
Read: Sridevi’s ‘English Vinglish’ rules Japanese Box Office
“I am flattered with all the love and affection the film continues to receive and once again thank the director Gauri Shinde for making such a wonderful film,” she said.
The grand premiere of the film was held in Tokyo May 27.