Sridevi’s Bollywood comeback vehicle ‘English Vinglish’ has registered a box office collection of $1 million in Japan. The veteran actress is elated.
The movie, backed by Eros International, continues to perform well at the box office after hitting theatres in Japan June 28.
After releasing in 33 screens initially, the film opened to audiences in another 17 odd screens additionally, taking the total screen count to 50 in across 20 cities in Japan, said a statement.
Sridevi is happy with the dream run of the movie, which tells a moving tale of a home-bound woman who doesn’t know English and how an overseas trip helps her to bring out the best in her.
Read: Sridevi’s ‘English Vinglish’ rules Japanese Box Office
“I am flattered with all the love and affection the film continues to receive and once again thank the director Gauri Shinde for making such a wonderful film,” she said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The grand premiere of the film was held in Tokyo May 27.