Director Mohit Suri wanted to capture a sandstorm shot for his forthcoming film “Hamari Adhuri Kahani” and use it as a metaphor for the impending problems brewing between the romance of Emraan Hashmi and Vidya Balan’s characters in the film.
According to a source, “Suri, who was shooting in the UAE, had a very small window to shoot this sequence before the sandstorm lashed on. However, on the given day the calculations went all haywire as the weather became extreme and Mohit was advised not to shoot”.
But the actors were more than willing to extend their help.
- When Mohit Suri recreated Diwali for ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’ in Dubai
- How ‘Zaroori tha’ became vital for ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’
- Hamari Adhuri Kahani trailer releases: Vidya, Rajkummar and Emraan leave you teary eyed
- ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’ first poster: Emraan Hashmi – Vidya Balan’s emotional side
- Vidya Balan, Emraan Hashmi’s ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’ trailer out on May 4
- As Vidya Balan’s husband, Rajkummar Rao is ‘ex-factor’ of ‘Humari Adhuri Kahani’: Mohit Suri
“Emraan and Vidya stepped up and told the director that they don’t mind trying to get the shot before the sandstorm trapped them. And when Mohit said ‘Action’, the scene was taken in just one shot,” the source added.
The film also features Rajkummar Rao in a pivotal role. Presented by Fox Star Studios and produced by Vishesh Films, “Hamari Adhuri Kahani” releases on June 12.