Bollywood actor Emraan Hashmi, who will essay former Indian cricket captain Mohammad Azharuddin in the upcoming biopic “Azhar”, says the “journey” has begun.
“The Dirty Picture” star took to micro-blogging website Twitter on Saturday, where he shared that the cast and crew for the movie has started shooting the film.
“We begin Azhar’s journey…..wish us luck.” Emraan tweeted.
We begin Azhar’s journey…..wish us luck. pic.twitter.com/xfMWucwUWg
Directed by Tony D’Souza and produced by Balaji Motion Pictures and MSM Motion Pictures, “Azhar” is slated for a worldwide release on May 13, 2016.
- Emraan Hashmi begins shooting for his next film titled Captain Nawab
- Emraan Hashmi shares ‘latest poster’ of ‘Azhar’
- Emraan Hashmi to shoot in Transylvania for next ‘Raaz’
- Emraan Hashmi shoots romantic song with Pracchi Desai for ‘Azhar’
- Watch teaser: Emraan Hashmi in and as ‘Azhar’ is perfection
- Mohammad Azharuddin trains Emraan Hashmi for biopic ‘Azhar’
Azharuddin led the Indian cricket team for most of the 1990s. He was implicated in a match-fixing scandal in 2000, and banned for life. The Andhra Pradesh High Court lifted the ban in 2012.