“Someone has to reach up to my run rate (of doing such numerous scenes).”
Tagged as the ‘serial kisser’ of Bollywood, actor Emraan Hashmi said though a lot of new actors are following on his footsteps, he would like to give away the crown to his cousin and actress Alia Bhatt.
The actor with his initial films had set a sort of a trend to have kissing scenes in his films.
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
He said he would like to retain the ‘tag’ with him only, but if he had to pass on it to someone, it would be Alia.
“It would be Alia. But I want to monopolise the crown. Someone has to reach up to my run rate (of doing such numerous scenes). So it will take time for the new actors to be there,” Emraan joked.
The ‘Jannat’ actor will be next seen in director Kunal Deshmukh’s ‘Raja Natwarlal’, which also stars Pakistani actress Humaima Malick.
Even Deshmukh, who has earlier directed Emraan in couple of films, said that audiences do not watch Emraan’s film it does not have his trademark ‘kissing scenes’.
“I remember watching ‘Tum Mile’ in a theatre, and the person sitting next to me was wondering why I did not kiss Soha Ali Khan in a particular scene. There are few labels that an actor gets attached to and becomes synonymous with it, like Salman Khan is with removing shirt in a film,” Emraan told PTI.
Though loved by the audiences as a ‘serial kisser’, Emraan’s family isn’t happy with it.
“The career choices are taken by me. My wife and father has problem with it. But they don’t say anything as it is my career choice and they don’t want to control that. They know I do it for my longevity,” he said.