Actor Emraan Hashmi is more than happy to hand over his ‘serial kisser’ crown to counterparts as well as newcomers and feels that everyone is trying to outdo themselves each time while getting bold on-screen.
“I think someone else should take the crown from me. By all means give it to other boy or girl. It becomes essential that when you are labelled you should spread your wings and stretch your talent. It is not easy and one has to do risky things in their career,” Emraan said in a media interaction here.
Emraan is known for his bold and intimate scenes in films like ‘Murder’, ‘Zeher’ and ‘Aashiq Banaya Aapne’ among others which earned him the ‘serial kisser’ tag. But now in almost every film, every actor has a similar scene.
“I have passed on this (kissing tag) to others. I don’t know how far they will push it and shock everyone. When we started we did feel it was a bold move and we were scared how the film will be accepted,” Emraan said.
“Today for youngsters it is… like it becomes part of script, screenplay. You have to show romance, love and intimacy. I think everyone is trying to outdo themselves in kisses, which I think is ridiculous,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Also, filmmaker Karan Johar has apparently crowned her as the kissing queen of Bollywood.
Ask Emraan, if one will get to see him and Alia together in a film, he said, “I think on screen we should play brother and sister in the film then it will be good. Otherwise I think it will be twisted.”
Among the newcomers Emraan likes Alia and admits he is being biased towards her as she is family.
“I would be biased to my family, so I think Alia is really good. I rarely watch Hindi film but I saw ‘Student of the Year’ and I loved her in the film. She is very dedicated to her work, she is fantastic, and a natural actress on screen.”
Emraan has seen Alia’s debut film ‘Student of the Year’ and is yet see her ‘Highway’ and ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dhulania’.
Emraan would be seen next in ‘Raja Natwarlal’ where he plays the role of a small-time con. Directed by Kunal Deshmukh, the film stars Pakistani actress Humaima Malick and it is set to release on August 29.