Actor Emraan Hashmi is more than happy to hand over his ‘serial kisser’ crown to counterparts as well as newcomers and feels that everyone is trying to outdo themselves each time while getting bold on-screen.
“I think someone else should take the crown from me. By all means give it to other boy or girl. It becomes essential that when you are labelled you should spread your wings and stretch your talent. It is not easy and one has to do risky things in their career,” Emraan said in a media interaction here.
Emraan is known for his bold and intimate scenes in films like ‘Murder’, ‘Zeher’ and ‘Aashiq Banaya Aapne’ among others which earned him the ‘serial kisser’ tag. But now in almost every film, every actor has a similar scene.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“I have passed on this (kissing tag) to others. I don’t know how far they will push it and shock everyone. When we started we did feel it was a bold move and we were scared how the film will be accepted,” Emraan said.
“Today for youngsters it is… like it becomes part of script, screenplay. You have to show romance, love and intimacy. I think everyone is trying to outdo themselves in kisses, which I think is ridiculous,” he said.
Also, filmmaker Karan Johar has apparently crowned her as the kissing queen of Bollywood.
Ask Emraan, if one will get to see him and Alia together in a film, he said, “I think on screen we should play brother and sister in the film then it will be good. Otherwise I think it will be twisted.”
Among the newcomers Emraan likes Alia and admits he is being biased towards her as she is family.
“I would be biased to my family, so I think Alia is really good. I rarely watch Hindi film but I saw ‘Student of the Year’ and I loved her in the film. She is very dedicated to her work, she is fantastic, and a natural actress on screen.”
Emraan has seen Alia’s debut film ‘Student of the Year’ and is yet see her ‘Highway’ and ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dhulania’.
Emraan would be seen next in ‘Raja Natwarlal’ where he plays the role of a small-time con. Directed by Kunal Deshmukh, the film stars Pakistani actress Humaima Malick and it is set to release on August 29.