Ekta Kapoor’s upcoming film Kuku Mathur Ki Jhand Ho Gayi has landed in trouble for its title. Apparently, a resident of Bhopal, NL Mathur has filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) against Kapoor’s production house, claiming that the film’s title has hurt sentiments of the Kayastha community.
In his petition, Mathur claims that the word ‘Jhand’ is derogatory and it will hurt the sentiments of Mathurs from the Kayastha community. Further the complainant has also asked the filmmakers to change name of the film or remove the offensive word from the title. However, Tanuj Garg, CEO of Balaji Motion Pictures, states that they have received no such PIL, further adding that the film’s title relates to normal and standard nomenclature used in the country.
Kuku Mathur Ki Jhand Ho Gayi that is directed by Aman Sachdeva and stars Siddharth Gupta, Simran Kaur Mundi and Siddharth Bhardwaj is slated for release later this May.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen