Director Mohit Suri, who is gearing up for the release of “Ek Villain”, gives the credit for his success to the super hit music of his films.
He says the music of his past films – “Kalyug” (2005), “Woh Lamhe”(2006), “Murder 2” (2011) and “Aashiqui 2” (2013) – has been responsible for instilling faith in film producers about his work.
“I could not have reached this point in my career if my songs had not been hits. When I started I was 22, and there were only newcomers in my films. If my songs were not hits, then people would not have given me any chances in my career,” Suri said here at the weekend.
“Be it the songs ‘Woh lamhe’ or ‘Jiya dhadak’ and'” – the songs in my films were hits,” he added.
However, he says good songs have always drawn the audiences to watch a film. “It is not only about me. From the times of ‘Aashiqui’ (1990), which starred newcomers, people went to watch the film because of its songs. It’s always been there and it will go on,” said Suri.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The buzz for his new film “Ek Villain” is also good, courtesy numbers like “Galliyan” and “Banjaara”, which are already ruling the charts. The film, starring Shraddha Kapoor and Sidharth Malhotra, releases June 27.