Director Mohit Suri, who is gearing up for the release of “Ek Villain”, gives the credit for his success to the super hit music of his films.
He says the music of his past films – “Kalyug” (2005), “Woh Lamhe”(2006), “Murder 2” (2011) and “Aashiqui 2” (2013) – has been responsible for instilling faith in film producers about his work.
“I could not have reached this point in my career if my songs had not been hits. When I started I was 22, and there were only newcomers in my films. If my songs were not hits, then people would not have given me any chances in my career,” Suri said here at the weekend.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Be it the songs ‘Woh lamhe’ or ‘Jiya dhadak’ and'” – the songs in my films were hits,” he added.
However, he says good songs have always drawn the audiences to watch a film. “It is not only about me. From the times of ‘Aashiqui’ (1990), which starred newcomers, people went to watch the film because of its songs. It’s always been there and it will go on,” said Suri.
The buzz for his new film “Ek Villain” is also good, courtesy numbers like “Galliyan” and “Banjaara”, which are already ruling the charts. The film, starring Shraddha Kapoor and Sidharth Malhotra, releases June 27.