Riteish Deshmukh, who played a dark, intense and grey role in romantic thriller “Ek Villain”, says the film’s success will perhaps widen his horizon as an actor.
“‘Ek Villain’ is an important film because when a film of this genre and such a dark character given to me works, then probably doors to play (more) such characters will open,” Riteish said here Tuesday.
“I hope to play characters apart from what I do in comic roles. But of course, I will do comedies,” he added.
“Ek Villain” success notwithstanding, Riteish will continue doing funny films.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In Pics: Riteish Deshmukh, Sidharth Malhotra at ‘Ek Villain’ success bash
His recent release, Sajid Khan directed “Humshakals”, in which he teamed up with Ram Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan, was a comedy. All the three actors played triple roles in the film and not only did Riteish’s performance win him appreciation, the film managed to do good business at the box office.
“I will continue doing comedy as I enjoy it,” said Riteish, who has been part of comedies.
“I don’t make choices on the basis of a film’s success or failure, but I choose from the content that is offered to me,” he added.