Going by the box office collection of ‘Ek Villain’, audiences seem to have accepted Sidharth Malhotra and Riteish Deshmukh as good boys gone bad. The film in its first week had minted over Rs77 crore and Rs 50 crore within three days of its release.
Film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted the figures of the film calling it a ‘blockbuster’.
#EkVillain [Week 2] Mon 2.50 cr, Tue 2.20 cr, Wed 2 cr, Thu 1.74 cr. Grand total: ₹ 101.32 cr nett. India biz. BLOCKBUSTER.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) July 11, 2014
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
‘Ek Villain’, moreover, marked a hat-trick for actor Riteish Deshmukh who hit the 100 crore club for the third time in a row. Riteish’ film ‘Housefull’ in 2012 and ‘Grand Masti’ in 2013 are already in the club.
After portraying a grey character in his latest release ‘Ek Villain‘, actor Riteish Deshmukh also expressed hopes that the film will open doors for him to play more such roles.
Riteish known for his comedy films, was seen in a dark character of ‘Rakesh Mahadkar’ in the romantic thriller. “‘Ek Villain‘ is an important one, because a film where I played a character with a dark shade, works, doors to play such characters opens wider. I hope to do more such roles, besides comedy,” Riteish said earlier in an interview.
The Balaji Motion Pictures’ ‘Ek Villain’ hit the screens on June 27. The film directed by Mohit Suri, was first film outside his home banner Vishesh Films.