Bollywood’s latest action-thriller, ‘Ek Villain’, starring Sidharth Malhotra, Shraddha Kapoor and Riteish Deshmukh has finally crossed the ‘100 crore’ mark within two weeks of its release.
Going by the box office collection of ‘Ek Villain’, audiences seem to have accepted Sidharth Malhotra and Riteish Deshmukh as good boys gone bad. The film in its first week had minted over Rs77 crore and Rs 50 crore within three days of its release.
Film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted the figures of the film calling it a ‘blockbuster’.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
#EkVillain [Week 2] Mon 2.50 cr, Tue 2.20 cr, Wed 2 cr, Thu 1.74 cr. Grand total: ₹ 101.32 cr nett. India biz. BLOCKBUSTER.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) July 11, 2014
‘Ek Villain’, moreover, marked a hat-trick for actor Riteish Deshmukh who hit the 100 crore club for the third time in a row. Riteish’ film ‘Housefull’ in 2012 and ‘Grand Masti’ in 2013 are already in the club.
After portraying a grey character in his latest release ‘Ek Villain‘, actor Riteish Deshmukh also expressed hopes that the film will open doors for him to play more such roles.
Riteish known for his comedy films, was seen in a dark character of ‘Rakesh Mahadkar’ in the romantic thriller. “‘Ek Villain‘ is an important one, because a film where I played a character with a dark shade, works, doors to play such characters opens wider. I hope to do more such roles, besides comedy,” Riteish said earlier in an interview.
The Balaji Motion Pictures’ ‘Ek Villain’ hit the screens on June 27. The film directed by Mohit Suri, was first film outside his home banner Vishesh Films.