Sidharth Malhotra is on a mission. The well-built actor is working on gaining so much weight that he can’t slip into his clothes. All this just for his upcoming film – the remake of American sports drama titled ‘Warrior’.
After his recent successful film ‘Ek Villain’, Sidharth is now tied up with his next.
“I am preparing for my next which is a remake of ‘Warrior’. I am required to gain seven to eight kilos and learn martial arts. So, I need to eat and train. I have about five to six weeks to gain weight and then will shoot,” he told IANS in a telephonic interview from Mumbai. The over six-foot actor is trying to weigh 90 kg. (Read: Ek Villain review)
“I’ll have lot of fun training for it and gaining weight. My priority is to make my t-shirts and clothes tighter so that I don’t fit into them. The character requires it. He is a mixed martial arts fighter,” said the ‘Student of the Year‘ star.
“There is more heavy weight lifting. I train less and eat more. Calorie intake is higher. There is more of protein in my diet. I train on alternate days or four times a week. But I also need to keep flexibility in mind,” he added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He is excited about the Endemol production as he wanted to essay the role of a fighter since childhood.
“I wanted to play a fighter. Like every boy while growing up wants to do action and be in the ring…though I am not playing a wrestler,” said the actor, who won’t be seen with a female lead in the film.
“I don’t have a female lead in the movie. It’s more about a young fighter. It’s not a love story as such,” said Sidharth, who has wowed the audience with his on screen chemistry with actresses like Alia Bhatt and Parineeti Chopra.
As the year ends, he will shape up again for Vikramaditya Motwane’s ‘Bhavesh Joshi’.