Romanian DJ Edward Maya, who loves to watch Bollywood films, hopes to collaborate with Indian actress-singer Priyanka Chopra in the near future.
Maya said he likes the Hindi films because of Raj Kapoor’s emotionally-charged performance and Shah Rukh Khan’s versatility.
“I like a very old actor like Raj Kapoor. What I like about Raj Kapoor is his movies. His films have emotional impact. Shah Rukh, on the other hand, has an ability to play different characters, and this is a rare talent and I like him,” he said.
- Priyanka Chopra: I was told that girls did women-centric roles only towards the end of their careers
- Priyanka Chopra on Padmavati release: The art Sanjay Leela Bhansali believes in should be viewed by everyone
- Zee Cine Awards 2018: When Anil Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ranveer Singh relived Dil Dhadakne Do days
- Was offered Rakesh Sharma biopic when Aamir Khan was part of it: Priyanka Chopra
- Priyanka Chopra, Salman Khan, and KJo among 12 Indians in Variety’s list of 500 influential people in entertainment
- Priyanka Chopra celebrates 20 million followers on Twitter with the sassiest QA session
“Apart from Indian spirituality and Bollywood music, I like beautiful Indian women. I would like to have a collaboration and meet her (Priyanka Chopra),” Maya told PTI at an interaction after his “LIVE Viacom18” event on Saturday.
Maya said he loves Bollywood music than Hollywood.
“The main difference between Bollywood and Hollywood music is the lyrics and the story behind them. In Europe, US and other countries the lyrics are very short and meaningless, but in Bollywood they have a whole story behind, and this is what I love. You can tell a lot of things in melody through lyrics,” he said.
Asked if he understands Hindi lyrics, the Romanian singer said, “I feel the lyrics and I have the translation.”
Maya also expressed a desire to work with the double Oscar-winning music composer A R Rahman.
“I would like to work with A R Rahman – he is very talented and a very good professional artist,” he said.
Maya wants to act in romantic-action films as it suits his personality.
“I had been an actor but this is another kind of an art. I would like to act if somebody offers me a film. It would be great. I like romance combined with action films because I myself make music mostly on romance. I am a very romantic character,” he said.
Asked how did he connect with India, Maya said his first date with India was through books written on spirituality and Yoga which fascinated him.
“My first connection with India was through books on spirituality. I was reading about Yoga, about Yogananda (yoga guru) 15 years ago,” he said.
Maya further said he was practising yoga since the age of ten and read about yoga gurus including Yogananda and Shivananda.
“I am practising Yoga… Hata Yoga..and I learnt about all yoga masters including Shivananda, Yogananda and also I know Baba Ramdev but haven’t met him,” he said.