Separatist Dukhtaran-e-Millat (DeM) chief Asiya Indrabi today hit out at Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, saying he was acting as an agent of “cultural aggression” in Jammu and Kashmir by batting for increased tourism and opening of cinema halls in the valley.
The radical women’s outfit leader also hit out at Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, accusing him of promoting obscenity and vulgarity in the name of tourism promotion.
“Mufti (sayeed) and Salman Khan are promoting obscenity and vulgarity in the name of Bollywood and giving push to tourism in Kashmir,” Indrabi told reporters.
“He (Salman) is acting as an agent of cultural aggression,” she added.
- Salman Khan’s latest protege Warina Hussain is prepping for Bollywood debut. Watch video
- Kick 2: Salman Khan starrer to release on Christmas 2019
- Salman Khan introduces Loveratri’s female lead Warina Hussain
- We aren’t surprised with the success of Salman Khan’s Tiger Zinda Hai. Here’s why
- Kashmir: Separatist leader Asiya Andrabi in Beti Bachao event banner
- Salman Khan: Press conference in Kashmir wasn’t to promote ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
Commenting on Bollywood actor’s support for reopening of cinema halls in Kashmir, Indrabi said her party will continue to oppose any such move.
We ensured that cinema halls get closed as films (movies) are tools of vice. We will continue our struggle against reopening of these halls,” she said, adding “Cinema is the greatest vice to encourage waywardness among the society.”
The DeM, along with now-defunct militant outfit ‘Allah Tigers’, had forced closure of cinema halls and most of the liquor shops in the valley in 1989 by targeting them.
Salman, who completed shooting for ‘Bajrangi Bhaijan’ today, had on Sunday batted for reopening of cinema halls in Kashmir. “Everyone watches movies here. Cinema theatres should be re-opened here. We would love to premiere a film here if theatres are re-opened,” he had said.