Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone does not think that she is the number one heroine and says box- office collections do not matter much to her.
Last year, Deepika delivered four back-to-back hit films – Abbas Mustan’s ‘Race 2’, ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ with Ranbir Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan starrer ‘Chennai Express’ and Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Ram Leela’.
When asked if she thinks she is the heroine number one, Deepika says, “I don’t think of myself that way, it feels good when others say it. I think that is the best kind of validation that you can get when people tell you that. I hope it is about the work and not necessarily the numbers (money) that the films are making.
“Box office collection doesn’t value much to me, I feel the films should have repeat value. For me, the sign of a successful film is that it should have repeat value even after 10 or 20 years. Like, how we refer to ‘Sholay’, ‘Kabhie Kabhie’, ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ today…they are iconic films. I hope the films that I have been part of end up becoming like that,” she said.
Deepika has been nominated in the best actress category at almost all the award shows this year.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“There have been really nice performances. I am little disappointed that all my films got released last year… I wish they were spaced out and gave audience a breathing time. But the year was special to me, not just box office wise but also for the appreciation that I got for the films,” she said.
When asked who she thinks as her competitor this year, she said, “Nimrat Kaur was good in ‘The Lunch box’, Sonakshi Sinha in ‘Lootera’ and Sonam Kapoor in ‘Ranjhaana’.”
Though she tasted success last year, she is not worried about the future. “I think we should not worry. I work from heart and give my best. I work very hard for all my films and the fate of the films are beyond your control,” she said.
Her onscreen chemistry with Shah Rukh has been appreciated by everyone. “We have been lucky in terms of scripts that we got. It took six years for us to come together for ‘Chennai Express’ after ‘Om Shanti Om’. It is the script and the character that enhances our onscreen chemistry. I hope ‘Happy New Year’ is as special as ‘Om Shanti Om’ and ‘Chennai Express’,” she said.