Actor Karan Singh Grover says playing a negative part in upcoming film “Hate Story 3” will affect his screen image.
Karan, who is a known face on television with shows like “Qubool Hai” and “Dill Mill Gaye” in his kitty, was last seen in Bollywood film “Alone” alongside Bipasha Basu. “I have always played the sweet, lovable good guy… This film had a negative role for me. This film gave me the opportunity to grow as an actor. It’s a hit franchise, so it’s a bonus to be a part of it,” Karan told PTI.
“The first two films in the series (‘Hate Story’) were a revenge story from the perspective of a female. The third one is from the perspective of a male,” he said.
Karan is playing a negative character for the first time and he said venturing into the grey area was a challenge for him. “I did not it as a risk. I think as actors we must always try to do something new and different. For the ten years I have played the good guy. I am trying to offer variety to the audience as an actor. I am hopeful the effort would be acknowledged,” he added.
- Happy Birthday Karan Singh Grover: 10 drool worthy pictures of this Greek God
- Neil Nitin Mukesh on Saaho: Prepping up for action sequences
- Karan Singh Grover seeks mythological inspiration
- Happy that my work is being appreciated: Karan Singh Grover
- Intimate scenes most uncomfortable part of acting: Karan Singh Grover
- I will never do ‘Bigg Boss’: Karan Singh Grover
Produced by Bhushan Kumar, “Hate Story 3” also stars Sharman Joshi, Daisy Shah and Zareen Khan. “He (Sharman) is a good actor… I think I got better because of him. Daisy and Zarine both have done a good job. I had a great time working with them,” Karan said.
The film directed by Vishal Pandya is set to release on December 4.