Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan disapproves of fans who try to seek blessings from any celebrity or ask them to name their children.
The 72-year-old, who greets his fans outside his house every Sunday, said that over the years, he has discovered many unique “modus operandi” of meeting him.
“Many seek blessings from celebrities, names for their children and on. This is disapproved. I am not worthy of blessings nor intelligent enough to give a name. Please do not put me through that ordeal! It would be horrible for a child to live through his entire life saddled with a name that was not his parents’ calling,” Big B wrote on his blog.
- Amitabh Bachchan’s job application to work with Deepika Padukone, Katrina Kaif is hilarious
- 49 years of Amitabh Bachchan in Bollywood: Shahenshah recalls signing debut film Saat Hindustani
- 102 Not Out teaser: Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor present a unique father-son story
- Amitabh Bachchan to quit Twitter?
- Photos: Amitabh Bachchan rang in the new year with his ‘bestest’ granddaughters Aaradhya and Navya Naveli
- Seeking blessings from celebrity is wrong: Amitabh Bachchan
Sharing one incident of meeting a young fan, the “Don” actor feels that people often use their children to get his autograph.
“A little fellow once came to me on a crowded occasion, and asked for my autograph, looking completely puzzled and hassled. He was having problems pronouncing ‘autograph’… photograph, auto car, and some other contortions were with effort struggling to form out of his chubby face,” Big B said.
“He was precocious and honest. When I asked him his name, he promptly told me that. When I asked him what my name was he said: ‘I don’t know your name. My Father asked me to come to you, so I have come’!!. hahahaha.. cute,” added the megastar.