Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar feels that movie promotions have become an essential part of the marketing blitzkrieg in Bollywood these days.
Farhan is currently gearing up for the release of ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ and is on a promotional spree.
“As actors who are part of the film we are here to serve for the marketing team and producers, and do things which are good for the film. They have a better overview. But I do want to go around and tell people that my film is coming, I will go wherever I have been asked to do,” Farhan told PTI.
“I am happy to be part of this film and I am excited to tell people it is coming soon. I don’t think less is more when it comes to telling people about work,” he added.
Farhan is also a producer but not for ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’. He was casted in the film and is also involved in the marketing aspect of this movie.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I think nothing happens in isolation.. everything is a team work. I did give ideas and suggestions if the concerned people are happy and convinced they accept it. We all suggest things as we want best thing for the film,” he added.
Considering, it is all about numbers and how much business a film will collect at the box office, Farhan is hopeful that it will do well.
“We are happy with the final product and it is upto the audience to decide now after the film releases. We want our film to be successful but it is not possible to tell how much (business) the film will do,” he added.
The film directed by Saket Chaudhary stars Vidya Balan opposite Farhan and is set to release on February 28.
“I do enjoy comedy. It is great change from what I do. It is nice to do this kind of a film. It was an enjoyable experience working with Vidya and Vir Das,” Farhan said.
In the film, Farhan’s character wants to move out of house and that is when he meets Vir Das and they party all night.
“I am happy to play this role, it is a fun part. It is not who I am in real life. It is not inspired from my real life. It is not necessary that everyone will have same life as
this character has in the film. I have just followed the director,” he said.
The 40-year-old actor who is married to hair stylist Adhuna for almost 14 years and has two kids – Shakya and Akira – did go for boy’s night outs but admits that after marriage the frequency has come down.