In the days following Donald Trump’s victory in the US presidential elections, Jennifer Lawrence reflects on turning the citizen’s anger and fear into hope. The 26-year-old Oscar-winning actress penned an essay for Broadly, an American website and digital video channel devoted to representing women’s experiences, where she urges the citizens to “think strongly and clearly” about what to do next because the past cannot be changed.
“I want to be positive; I want to support our democracy, but what can we take away from this? It’s a genuine question that we all need to ask ourselves. We shouldn’t blame anyone, we shouldn’t riot in the streets,” she continued.
Perhaps channeling her inner Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games, Lawrence encouraged people who are disappointed by the outcome of the election to take action. “Like Hillary, you can still be an inspiration and get important things done. Do not let this defeat you—let this enrage you! Let it motivate you! Let this be the fire you didn’t have before. If you are an immigrant, if you are a person of color, if you are LGBTQ+, if you are a woman—don’t be afraid, be loud!”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Silver Linings Playbook actress support for Clinton and her disdain for Trump grew apparent when she on a talk show that she actually tried to send the Republican candidate a message in person. “I was at a concert that I heard he was attending,” she shared, “I had my full security, I was like, ‘Find Donald Trump!’ I was adamant on finding him and making a video of me going, ‘Hey, Trump. F**k you!’”
However, Lawrence never got the chance to give him a piece of her mind. “I think he knew I was looking for him,” she said in fun.