Actress Divya Dutta is upbeat about playing her first ever negative character in the upcoming film “Chalk n Duster”.
“This is my first negative role so I am really looking forward to it. This is something I haven’t done before. So I am very excited,” the actress said here on Sunday at the mahurat shoot of the film.
“Chalk n Duster” is a coming of age story, dealing with the life of teachers and their hardships in keeping up with the ever-changing education system and societal norms.
The 37-year-old, who is known for her off-beat roles in films like “Fashion”, “Stanley Ka Dabba”, “Gippi” and “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag”, now aims to tap her potential in the unexplored zone.
- National Award-winning actor Divya Dutta: People get their best when they begin, I am getting my best now
- People always called me a National Award-winner and it finally came true: Divya Dutta
- Divya Dutta to play prostitute, says ‘it’s interesting’
- ‘Chalk N Duster’ within mainstream cinema: Shabana Azmi
- Enjoyed playing the negative role in ‘Chalk N Duster’: Divya Dutta
- It is wrong to categorise actors: Divya Dutta
“Now my motive is to do the stuff that I haven’t delved into so far,” the “Badlapur” actress said.
“It’s a great thing to have such a strong role in a film that has legendary actresses like Shabana,” she added.
“Chalk n Duster” is Bollywood’s well-known makeup artiste Subhash Singh’s maiden production venture and it also features actresses like Juhi Chawla, Shabana Azmi, Zarina Wahab, actors Anupam Kher and Jackie Shroff.