Actor Abhay Deol is disheartened that his film ‘Rock the Shaadi’ is not getting released, but hopes it hits the silver screen someday.
‘Rock the Shaadi’, which was touted to be India’s first zombie comedy film, is directed by Navdeep Singh and stars Abhay Deol and Genelia in the lead roles.
“It is frustating…I was angry for sometime. Both I and Navdeep Singh (director) had put in months of hard work and energy. It was very sad when it did not happen. Then all sort of stories started floating around, it is not director’s fault, I was around. I have no idea where the project stands, if it is a legal issue or not, I have no clue about it,” Abhay told PTI.
“It is a brilliant film; it is one of the funniest films I have ever done,” he added.
Abhay hopes producer Ekta Kapoor would pick up the film again.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“I have known Ekta Kapoor (producer) since many years, she is a sweet heart… It was my first collaboration with her. What has happened is tragic. I still hope that Ekta would pick it up again, which I think she can,” he said.
There were also reports that Abhay would be doing the remake of ‘Baaton Baaton Mein’.
“I don’t know, I haven’t heard about the film. I have read about myself doing it in papers,” he said.
The actor had earlier ventured into TV with the show ‘Connected Hum Tum’, but it did not take up well in terms of garnering
TRPs. However, Abhay was not disheartened as he doesn’t believe in TRP game.
“I did the show because I liked the concept, it gave a platform to women. With what happens to women in our country, I thought even if five men are converted from being male chauvinist to women supporters and respect them, my job is done,” he said.
“I have never worked for money. I think money should work for you but you should not work for money, that is my motto. It did not dishearten me at all. I don’t believe in the TRP ratings of our country. I don’t think 6,000 to 10,000 boxes in our country can give me a clear picture of what the audience are watching,” he said.
Abhay said when he was in Dubai and South Africa, eight out of ten people spoke to him about how they liked the show.
“So, it shows that in other countries it (TV show) was a success, it did reach out to people. It was important to do the show,” he added.