Dipannita Sharma has been mostly associated with glamorous roles in films but the model-actress says did not hesitate to don a deglamourised avatar in upcoming supernatural thriller ‘Pizza’.
Dipannita, 37, who was last seen in a supporting role in Bipashu Basu starrer ‘Jodi Breakers’, said she took the role as a challenge. “It was a challenging path for me to take up the role. It required guts to play a paranormal character. This is a role which demands not to look pretty onscreen. It was a change for me because audience have not seen me in such a role. I am really excited and looking forward to the release of the film,” Dipannita told PTI.
Directed by debut filmmaker Akshay Akkineni and co-produced by Bejoy Nambiar along with Siddharth Roy Kapur, the film is expected to hit theatres on July 18. Dipannita said she was not scared to play the role because she herself is a huge fan of horror films.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“I have a huge collection of horror films. I not only watch famous Bollywood and Hollywood horrors but films in other languages too. The best thing about ‘Pizza’ is that it’s a new subject of supernatural thriller which has not been explored yet,” she said.
But the former supermodel insists that she didn’t watch the original Tamil film of the same name. “I was specifically told by Akshay not to watch the film. He wanted everyone to have a fresh approach to the roles. But now I will watch it because I have finished shooting,” she added.