Dipannita Sharma has been mostly associated with glamorous roles in films but the model-actress says did not hesitate to don a deglamourised avatar in upcoming supernatural thriller ‘Pizza’.
Dipannita, 37, who was last seen in a supporting role in Bipashu Basu starrer ‘Jodi Breakers’, said she took the role as a challenge. “It was a challenging path for me to take up the role. It required guts to play a paranormal character. This is a role which demands not to look pretty onscreen. It was a change for me because audience have not seen me in such a role. I am really excited and looking forward to the release of the film,” Dipannita told PTI.
Directed by debut filmmaker Akshay Akkineni and co-produced by Bejoy Nambiar along with Siddharth Roy Kapur, the film is expected to hit theatres on July 18. Dipannita said she was not scared to play the role because she herself is a huge fan of horror films.
“I have a huge collection of horror films. I not only watch famous Bollywood and Hollywood horrors but films in other languages too. The best thing about ‘Pizza’ is that it’s a new subject of supernatural thriller which has not been explored yet,” she said.
But the former supermodel insists that she didn’t watch the original Tamil film of the same name. “I was specifically told by Akshay not to watch the film. He wanted everyone to have a fresh approach to the roles. But now I will watch it because I have finished shooting,” she added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More