Actor Dino Morea says he wishes to work with the “fantastic” Deepika Padukone, who he feels is the “fittest” actress in the industry.
“For the future, Deepika for sure. I think she’s fantastic,” said Dino when asked about any favourite co-star he would like to have in the future.
Dino was present at a magazine cover launch featuring him and Aditya Thackeray.
“I think Deepika is the fittest among all actresses because she also plays sports,” he said.
Recently, Deepika had confessed to suffering from depression, following which she set up an organisation to address such issues in people.
About Deepika’s honesty and initiative, Dino said: “There are so many people who have different kinds of illnesses and who do not know how to approach a doctor.
“And when you have someone of such a stature coming out and saying, ‘hey, this is what I suffered’, it’s fantastic because it gives many more people who have similar illness to come out and say, ‘if she could do it, I can do it’.
“It’s just getting someone to lead the herd and getting more people to open up and talk about their problems,” he said.
- Majid Majidi on dropping Deepika Padukone from Beyond the Clouds: It was tough to organise things on sets with a big star
- Nothing can stop release of Padmavati, says Deepika Padukone
- Padmavati actor Deepika Padukone on her rumoured pay hike: Confident and comfortable with what I get paid
- Deepika Padukone on working in Padmavati: Certain characters just don't leave your system
- Padmavati actor Deepika Padukone on depression: Can't say I'm completely over it
- Tiger Shroff, Akshay Kumar fittest actors in Bollywood: Dino Morea
“Absolutely, these three are really fit. I know Bipasha very well and I know she’s very fit.”
Dino and Bipasha were in a relationship in the late 1990s but called it quits a decade back.
About their relationship, he said: “I was young, so was she. I was the first date that she had in Bombay.”
So, it is no surprise that Bipasha is his favourite co-star from his past heroines.
“From the past, I’ve worked a lot with Bipasha. She was great to work with,” he added.