Dilip Kumar may have been honoured with Pakistan’s highest civilian honour Nishaan-e-Imtiaz but in this time of turmoil, there is no doubt where the legendary actor’s loyalties lie. It is for his country India where he has earned his name, fame and money. The thespain’s feelings were conveyed to the Indian Express.com by his grand niece Sayyeshaa Saigal who is making her grand Bollywood debut with Ajay Devgn’s Shivaay.
“The world was different then and issues between India and Pakistan were not present then as strongly as it is today. May be people of Pakistan aren’t bad. But since there is turmoil happening at the border at the end of the day you have to support the country you belong to. And that’s the same with Dilip saab. He feels the same way because he has been living in India and he is an Indian actor and that is how it is going to be,” said the debutant actress.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
For Sayyeshaa too, it is India that comes first before everything else. “Although I feel that the artist community has nothing to do with terrorism, if there are decisions taken by Indian government that is right and we will follow them as they are taken to secure us.”
Bollywood as a whole is slowly opening up by taking positions on the issue by choosing to put India before self. Ajay Devgn came out strongly in support of his motherland and declared he would not want to collaborate with Pakistani actors. Sajid Khan too said at a recent event that India comes first for him and Pakistani actors should go back if asked to do so.
However, celebs who threw their weight behind Pakistani stars include Salman Khan, Karan Johar and Radhika Apte who recently expressed that banning Pakistani actors is not the solution. Salman Khan too spoke out in favour of Pakistani artistes delinking them from terrorism and terrorists. “They come here on valid visas given by our government. They are artistes not terrorists, ” said Khan. Akshay Kumar too joined the chorus and took a stand that saw him exhorting fellow Indians to stop fighting and think about securing army men and their future.