Actress Sayyeshaa Saigal, set to make her Bollywood debut with Ajay Devgn’s Shivaay, says her grandfather and legendary star Dilip Kumar is thrilled about her entry into Hindi cinema.
Sayyeshaa is the daughter of actors Sumeet Saigal and Shaheen Banu, and the grandniece of actors Saira Banu and Kumar. “He (Kumar) was excited about me entering the film industry. After such a long time there is someone in the family who is getting into the film industry. He blessed me,” Sayyeshaa told PTI.
The 19-year-old actress reveals she is a fan of Kumar and likes his movies including “Saudagar”, “Ram Aur Shyam”, “Mashaal”. “I am fond of these films. He has a great command over the Urdu language. There is lot that I have learnt from him in this sector (industry). Sitting with him at any point is constant learning. He is very well read,” she added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Kumar and Banu both are looking forward to the release of “Shivaay”, which hits cinema houses on October 28. “They are happy and waiting to see the film. They saw the trailer and it has less of me, so they asked when would I have a proper appearance. I will definitely show them the film,” says Sayyeshaa.
Talking about her grandfather, the newcomer says he speaks less and doesn’t go out much now. “It’s sad when people get old. But still with his age he has his own hair, teeth and has no glasses and it’s fantastic. He speaks less now and goes out less. I miss that but he is still there and that is the best part,” said the actress.