Soha Ali Khan still cannot figure out why she opted to make her debut with 2004 film ‘Dil Maange More’, which had three actresses in the lead.
The 35-year-old actress, who was new to Bollywood at that time, said it was a terrible decision.
“I don’t know why I chose to make my debut with ‘Dil Maange More’. The film had three leading ladies – me, Tulip Joshi and Ayesha Takia – opposite Shahid Kapoor. I was fresh to Bollywood at that time because I had just come back from England and had no clue about hero-heroine dynamics in India,” Soha said here while discussing the portrayal of women in cinema and TV at an event.
Soha said she took the film because she found her character progressive because she dumps her boyfriend over her career.
“When I was asked a character out of three, I chose Neha because she is ambitious. At an young age of 21 she chooses her career over boyfriend. It was again a wrong decision taken by me because in Hindi films, actresses keep their partner over any other thing,” she said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
But the ‘War Chod Na Yaar’ actress is happy that cinema has changed over the period and she gets to play strong characters.