The soon-to-be released Zoya Akhtar’s directorial ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ is being hailed as a family entertainer that focuses on a dysfunctional Punjabi family and what better way to celebrate the spirit of the movie than ringing in the International Family Day in style.
To mark the day (May 15), the team released a video that takes the movie’s theme to their real lives and features their family members. The team also interviewed some other families from Mumbai.
The adorable video shows how the family members are connected to each other emotionally.
While Anushka Sharma features with her brother Karnesh, Zoya appears with brother Farhan. Shefali Shah appears with husband and filmmaker Vipul Shah and Ranveer Singh with his father.
Watch the video here.
Some things which one surely can’t miss in the video is the sibling revelry that Anushka shares with his brother and Zoya and Farhan share with each other. Zoya and Farhan, apart from looking so similar, have a similar sense of humour too.
- Before Pari hits screens, here’s a look at the box office performance of Anushka Sharma’s last five releases
- IIFA 2015: Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma at screening of ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’
- Special ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ screening planned in Mumbai
- ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ team plans a special brunch for launch of new song
- Reema Kagti to make a short film on ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’
- Watch Priyanka, Ranveer, Anushka’s ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ trailer: Feel the heartbeat
And Ranveer Singh, contrary to what others might perceive owing to his antics, looks intimidated by his father, though he sometimes makes “outlandish” remarks about Mr Bhavnani’s wardrobe (seriously?).
The video also shows Priyanka Chopra with his mother sharing anecdotes about her eating habits. And we must says, Priyanka has inherited the looks from his parents. We miss Anil Kapoor’s family in the video, though he tries to make for the absence by talking about them.
‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ hits screens on June 15.