Newcomer Patralekhaa, who is making her debut with Mahesh Bhatt’s home production ‘CityLights’, has no inhibitions about doing intimate or erotic scenes.
“Even if Vishesh Films would have come up with this kind of a (bold) subject I would have still done it. I don’t mind doing bold, erotica films. I liked the script of ‘CityLights, there was no reason for me not to do this film,” Patralekhaa told PTI in an interview here.
“The first and foremost reason for me to accept ‘CityLights’ was Hansal sir (Director Hansal Mehta). He is a very talented director,” she said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I am open to do good work. I don’t mind doing erotica, kissing and all, dancing around trees etc, but it depends on the script and the director as it does make a difference in the way it is shot,” Patralekhaa said.
Patralekhaa is playing the role of a woman from a Rajasthani village opposite Rajkummar Rao in the film which is the official adaptation of British film ‘Metro Manila’.
The newcomer is dating Rajkummar Rao for the last few years. “We are seeing each other and that’s it. There is nothing more to say. I am a 24 and he is 28 and we are bound to date,” Patralekhaa said.
“He is exemplary in his work. He is versatile as an actor. He is like a chameleon, he just becomes the character when he does a film. In real life he is funny, jovial. He is poles apart from what you see on screen. He is absolutely nothing like what he is in films,” she said.
Though Rajkummar is more experienced, he never guides her professionally. “He doesn’t guide me or advice me on anything. Everyone has a different journey and I will have to learn from my success, failure,” Patralekhaa said.
She refused to talk about their relationship. “We are dating and there is nothing more to it. We are in happy space,” she added.
She also rubbishes the rumours that she got the break because of Rajkummar. “By saying this… one is questioning Hansal sir, Bhatt sir. I don’t think Fox Star Studios
(producer) or anyone will invest so much money in me just because I am Rajkummar’s girlfriend. I don’t think Hansal sir will take that risk because he has to launch Rajkummar’s girlfriend. I have had five rounds of auditions for this film and then I got the role.”
‘CityLights’ releases on May 30.