The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has objected to the use of the word “virgin” in one of the dialogues of ‘Finding Fanny’. The film’s lead actress Deepika Padukone slams the censor board saying its guidelines are inconsistent.
“I don’t think their request is valid. I believe that there is no system to this. Every six months the rules keep changing… There is no consistency to what is being said and done,” the 28-year-old said here Wednesday on the sets of reality show ‘Cine Stars Ki Khoj’.
She feels while judging a film, it’s important to see everything in the context of a particular scene or a film.
In Pics: Ranveer, Vidya, Sonakshi watch Deepika and Arjun’s ‘Finding Fanny’
“They should see it in the context of the scene and the film, you can’t just pick put one word and say, ‘Oh, we are not allowing this word.’
“Secondly, give us a reason why you are not allowing us to show certain things. But they are the final authority and we will accept what they say,” Deepika added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Directed by Homi Adajania, ‘Finding Fanny’, is an English language film which also has veterans like Dimple Kapadia, Pankaj Kapur and Naseeruddin Shah in the cast. It is releasing Sep 12.
Arjun Kapoor, the film’s male lead, feels the audience’s views should be given importance.
Read: ‘Finding Fanny’ will get perfect exposure in Busan, says crew
“Censorship is for the audience and if they (censor board) realise that the audience does not find anything wrong with something, I hope they can change their minds so that we can make films for the audience…” Arjun said.
“We are making films for the audience and it’s not like we enjoy saying certain things. In her character’s context, it is very important whatever she says. We should get a consistent platform before we face the censors,” he added.