After ‘Cocktail’ proved to be a blockbuster, the industry expected director Homi Adajania to go mainstream. Instead, the director has ready an English language film set in Goa with actors Naseeruddin Shah, Pankaj Kapur, Dimple Kapadia, Deepika Padukone and Arjun Kapoor.
Produced by Saif Ali Khan and Dinesh Vijan’s Illuminati Films, Finding Fanny Fernandes is expected to be a quirky love story and a road film where the characters set out to find “Fanny”. Ever since they decided to back the film, the producers have been sure that Finding Fanny Fernandes will find a global audience.
In keeping with this thought, the makers are planning to premiere the film at the Toronto Film Festival. While Vijan refused to comment on this, he did admit that Illuminati has got Fox Star Studios International on board to release the film internationally.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“The film has a wide appeal and can travel beyond India, which is why we wanted to partner with an international studio,” he says.
However, the makers don’t wish to alienate the Indian audience and to reach out to the massive local market, they are also working on a Hindi version of the film. The first promo of Finding Fanny Fernandes will be out in July while the film will release in September.