She is a daughter of celebrated badminton player Prakash Padukone, and has herself shown how to handle the racquet in the court with perfection. Now, actress Deepika Padukone says she would love to essay role of badminton ace player Saina Nehwal on the silver screen.
“I would love to play Saina onscreen. We have played together in fact and obviously she was way better .. She also said to me ‘good’ also. We had fun time… Of course anything for the love of sports specially if it is badminton,” Deepika said at an event here.
The actress spoke about her inclination towards bringing the life of the sportsperson alive on the sliver screen at an event on February 2.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Saina, who was also present at the award show, shared her wish to see Deepika bringing her a life on the camera in the forthcoming biopic through a live video chat.
When asked about her preference, she said: “Of course Deepika Padukone. She used to play badminton. Her father was a badminton player. I think she would do good justice to the role. I wish she could do the role.”
Filmmaker Amol Gupte is making a film on the Indian badminton champion.
Meanwhile, Saina shared the award with tennis champion Sania Mirza.