Deepika Padukone has stepped on the global red carpet with MTV European Music Awards and we can’t applaud enough. The star of xXx: The Return of Xander Cage stepped on the red carpet and slayed. What’s more, she also co-presented the Best Video Award with actress Nina Dobrev to the Canadian artiste The Weeknd.
But here’s the million dollar question: Was Deepika’s look on the red carpet a yaay or a nay? Our answer is a definite yaay. Dressed in a Monisha Jaising ensemble in shades of military green and olive, she accentuated her look with black belt and stilettos. And wait, don’t miss the green danglers and we are such a huge fan of statement jewellery.
If Deepika decided to channel her inner Serena Unger — her character from xXx which stars Vin Diesel — she could not have done better. Talking about her big red carpet debut earlier, Deepika had said, “I was pleasantly surprised when I got the invite. It is very gracious of them to invite me. I have grown up watching the MTV awards and I didn’t think that one day, I would be walking down the red carpet and presenting an award at this global music event. It’s a step forward in my global career,” Deepika said in an interview with DNA.
While we here thinking what would she be wearing at the music awards, Deepika herself said she was there to have fun. “This is my first time at such an event so I don’t know what to expect. I am going there just to have fun. I understand the platform and what it is all about; it is a music award and I love music. I listen to a lot of music of the people, who are playing there so right now everything seems surreal in that sense. It’s going to be a fun and magical evening and I just want to experience that,” she had said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Check out images of Deepika Padukone on MTV EMA red carpet
And who were the big winners on Deepika’s big night? Justin Bieber won the most silverware at the MTV EMAs last year with five awards, won Best Song this time around for his smash “Sorry,” and also took away the title of Best Canadian Act. His army of so-called Beliebers earned him his third crown of the night, Biggest Fans, in online voting via Twitter and Instagram that closed shortly before the show started. Lady Gaga, also among the absentees, won Best Female and Best Look. The awards were colored purple this year to honour the late Prince.