The ‘Madras Cafe’ director has worked with the Big B in yet-to-release “Shoebite” and forthcoming fiction TV show “Yudh”, is also looking forward to teaming up with the actors.
“The charisma of Mr. Bachchan, seamless acting of Deepika with the versatile flair of Irrfan Khan and the evergreen Moushami Chaterjee will make ‘Piku’ an experience for me. I am looking forward to this fantastic opportunity of working together with such gifted talent from the industry,” the “Madras Cafe” director said in a statement.
The makers are confident the team will do a great job.
“Working with Mr.Amitabh Bachchan yet again in my new role is an absolute honour. As for Shoojit, I have been an admirer of his work since ‘Yahaan’ and I am really looking forward to working with him and the delightful ensemble cast which includes the very talented Deepika, Irrfan and many others,” said Sneha Rajani, deputy president and head, MSM Motion Pictures.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Producer Ronnie Lahiri had said that ‘Piku’ is a slice-of-life film, with a quirky take on things. “The quirky elements in the film will make you smile,” he had said. Piku will have three main characters played by Amitabh Bachchan, Irrfan and Deepika Padukone.
The film explores the father and daughter relationship, with a quirky twist. Amitabh Bachchan will be seen playing Deepika Padukone’s father, second time after ‘Aarakshan’, while Irrfan is a principal character.
Piku will be made by MSM Motion Pictures in association with Saraswati Entertainment Creations Limited and Rising Sun Films.
The first schedule of the film will start in August 2014. Film is slated for release on 30 April 2015. ‘Piku’ will be set in Delhi and Kolkata.