The ‘Madras Cafe’ director has worked with the Big B in yet-to-release “Shoebite” and forthcoming fiction TV show “Yudh”, is also looking forward to teaming up with the actors.
“The charisma of Mr. Bachchan, seamless acting of Deepika with the versatile flair of Irrfan Khan and the evergreen Moushami Chaterjee will make ‘Piku’ an experience for me. I am looking forward to this fantastic opportunity of working together with such gifted talent from the industry,” the “Madras Cafe” director said in a statement.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The makers are confident the team will do a great job.
“Working with Mr.Amitabh Bachchan yet again in my new role is an absolute honour. As for Shoojit, I have been an admirer of his work since ‘Yahaan’ and I am really looking forward to working with him and the delightful ensemble cast which includes the very talented Deepika, Irrfan and many others,” said Sneha Rajani, deputy president and head, MSM Motion Pictures.
Producer Ronnie Lahiri had said that ‘Piku’ is a slice-of-life film, with a quirky take on things. “The quirky elements in the film will make you smile,” he had said. Piku will have three main characters played by Amitabh Bachchan, Irrfan and Deepika Padukone.
The film explores the father and daughter relationship, with a quirky twist. Amitabh Bachchan will be seen playing Deepika Padukone’s father, second time after ‘Aarakshan’, while Irrfan is a principal character.
Piku will be made by MSM Motion Pictures in association with Saraswati Entertainment Creations Limited and Rising Sun Films.
The first schedule of the film will start in August 2014. Film is slated for release on 30 April 2015. ‘Piku’ will be set in Delhi and Kolkata.