Bollywood ‘Dimpled Beauty’ Deepika Padukone will start a foundation to promote mental health care on March 21.
The foundation will be named as “The Live Love Laugh Foundation”. March 21 was finalised as this was the day that she decided to seek professional help last year.
The ‘Happy New Year’ actress, who herself suffered from depression for a brief period last year, came out and spoke about it, for which she received a lot of support. It was then, that she realised that mental health issues are quite common but barely anything is being done to prevent these issues. And since she herself suffered, she wants to work towards improving the mental health scenario in our country.
- Deepika Padukone, Malaika Arora, Sridevi, Neha Dhupia: Who wore green worst?
- Padmavati actor Deepika Padukone on depression: Can't say I'm completely over it
- Deepika Padukone or Sonam Kapoor — Who do you think sports the casual airport-look better?
- Deepika Padukone delaying the shoot of Sapna Didi biopic?
- Deepika Padukone to take forward her fight against depression, will launch mental health awareness campaign
- Deepika Padukone talks about depression, first time on Television
Deepika Padukone has been working towards the cause along with a team of doctors and psychiatrists. The name has been registered and while other details have yet to be finalized.
Although she has a packed schedule, Deepika is making time to understand the situation and is working towards it. She has decided to take up this common yet taboo issue and is dedicating 2015 to create mental health awareness.