Shoojit Sircar’s next film ‘Piku’ which already has a formidable cast of the Big B, Irrfan and Deepika Padukone just got more interesting.
‘Piku’ now stars Bangla heart-throb Jisshu Sengupta in the romantic lead opposite Deepika.
Jisshu who made his Bollywood debut opposite Ileana D’Cruz in a guest appearance in Anurag Basu’s ‘Barfi’ would next be seen in Hindi in Pradeep Sarkar’s ‘Mardaani’ where Jisshu plays Rani’s husband.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Apparently Shoojit was keen to cast Jisshu opposite Deepika as the role suited him to perfection. However the fact that Jisshu was being launched as a leading man by Yashraj put a question mark on Jisshu’s presence in ‘Piku’.
Jisshu showed Shoojit his Bengali film ‘Jatishwar’. Only then was Shoojit convinced.
Says Jisshu, “It’s a big break with a director I really admire and with actors I really love. It has been my dream to work with Mr. Bachchan from the time I decided I wanted to be an actor. Irrfanji is another actor I truly admire. As for Deepika, isn’t she everyone’s favourite dream girl these days?”
‘Piku’ would take Jisshu to Mumbai in August.