Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone, who missed her family during Diwali festival due to ‘Tamasha’ promotions, will soon be reuniting with her father Prakash Padukone, mother Ujwala Padukone and sister Anisha Padukone in Mumbai next week.
While Deepika stays alone in Mumbai, her family, father Prakash Padukone, mother Ujwala Padukone and sister Anisha Padukone live in Bengaluru.
Deepika’s family members usually fly to Mumbai to be with her on special occasions and festivals, but this Diwali, they decided otherwise, because the actress was busy promoting her upcoming film with her co-star Ranbir Kapoor.
“They didn’t come mainly because we (she and co-star Ranbir Kapoor) were in the middle of promotions,” said Deepika, who attended Amitabh Bachchan’s annual Diwali bash on November 11.
- Deepika Padukone, Guneet Monga in Variety’s International Women’s Impact Report 2018
- Padmaavat: Deepika Padukone was paid more than Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor
- Before Padmaavat, here’s looking at the box office performance of Deepika Padukone’s last five films
- Deepika Padukone’s best buddy is her younger sister Anisha and her adorable post is proof
- Happy Birthday, Deepika Padukone: A look at the actor’s style evolution since 2006
- Padmavati row: After Deepika Padukone, her parents in Bengaluru also get police protection
However, Deepika’s family is likely to come to Mumbai next week. “I will be meeting my family soon. They are coming for the film’s release. My mum was with me when we were shooting for it in Corsica. My family came to Delhi, too, during the shoot. They will be in Mumbai the week the film releases,” she said.
‘Tamasha’, directed by Imtiaz Ali, showcases the ex-lovers Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone and is slated to release on November 27.