Actress Deepika Padukone, who is working in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Bajirao Mastani” after being directed by him in “Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela”, says they share a “beautiful” actor-director relationship based on trust.
“I think we have a beautiful actor-director relationship as he doesn’t need to talk to me too much, doesn’t need to direct me too much… it’s been one of the most beautiful relationships that’s based on trust. I consider myself fortunate and lucky that I got to work with him in two films,” Deepika, who is receiving rave reviews for “Piku”, told IANS.
- Ranveer Singh on Deepika Padukone: She’s helped me become a well-rounded human being
- Deepika Padukone’s highest grossing films: From Padmaavat to Race 2
- Padmaavat director Sanjay Leela Bhansali on Deepika Padukone: I’m not done with her yet
- Padmaavat box office collection: All the records this Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone film has broken so far
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali loves challenges and his films before Padmaavat are proof
- Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh to tie the knot on January 5? Here’s the truth
“After ‘…Ram-Leela’, the kind of hard work he had put into it, I didn’t think he was ready to start his next film, but exactly in a year’s time, he was ready with ‘Bajirao Mastani’ and he cast me as Mastani in it,” she said.
“It’s the biggest film of his (Bhansali’s) career. It’s the script that he has lived with for 10 years. Everything that he has learnt, he has put into this film. I feel fortunate to be part of this film and be a lead,” Deepika told IANS.
“Bajirao Mastani” narrates the story of Maratha Peshwa Bajirao and his second wife Mastani. Deepika will be seen playing Mastani.
She says she shares a “beautiful actor-director” relationship with Bhansali, who is known for films like “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam”, “Devdas” and “Black”.