There were reports that the makers could shift the release date of of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s film to January in order to avoid clash with Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Dilwale’ at the box office.
But in a report published in BollywoodHungama.com, Eros confirmed that the movie will release on the aforesaid date.
A source close to Bhansali told BollywoodHungama.com: “The film is being shot on a war footing, pun intended. There are many never-before war scenes, dances and dramatic confrontations. But Sanjay is very much on schedule. In fact he didn’t even know about Shah Rukh’s plans or that there was talk of the film being postponed.”
- Deepika Padukone’s highest grossing films: From Padmaavat to Race 2
- Padmaavat box office collection: All the records this Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone film has broken so far
- Deepika, Ranveer’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’ box office collections unstoppable, earns Rs.177.35 cr.
- Bajirao Mastani box office collections: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh’s film collects Rs. 57.02 crore
- ‘Bajirao Mastani’ to release in Tamil, Telugu
- SRK’s Dilwale Vs Deepika’s Bajirao Mastani: Day-wise breakup from December 18 till now
A spokesperson from the film’s co-producers Eros International also confirmed the news and also revealed that the trailer will release soon.
This is rumoured couple, Deepika and Ranveer’s second time onscreen after ‘Ram-Leela’. Priyanka Chopra will play the role of Bajirao’s first wife Kashibai in the movie.