Bollywood’s reigning queen Deepeika Padukone recently revealed that she is ‘jealous’ of actress Kangana Ranaut’s latest film ‘Queen’. According to reports, post the screening of ‘Queen’, Deepika Padukone was enamored by Kangana Ranaut’s performance in the film and has even said on her official Twitter page that the film is a ‘must watch’.
Meanwhile Deepika Padukone is not the only one awestruck by Kangana’s performance in the film. A host of Bollywood celebrities like Sonakshi Sinha, Huma Qureshi, Sonu Sood among others lauded Kangana Ranaut for her film ‘Queen’, Mr Perfectonist Aamir Khan took to Twitter to express his opinion about the film.
Aamir Khan, for whom a special screening of the film was held in Mumbai on Saturday (March 8), said, “What a film!!! Guys you have to watch QUEEN !!! Anyone who hasn’t seen it please go now and see it.”
Aamir Khan is of the opinion that ‘Queen’, which follows the story of Rani (Kangana Ranaut) realising her true potential when she goes on her honeymoon alone after being left by her fiance Vijay (Rajkumar Rao) a day before marriage, is a very ‘important’ film for girls and boys today.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The actor further tweeted: “Such an important film for every girl, every woman to watch… and in fact every male to watch too!”
Clearly Aamir Khan is in awe of the film which has received rave reviews from critics and audience. Thanking Vikas Bahl for the movie, Aamir said, “Thank you to Vikas Bahl and his team which made the film. And Kangana… you rock!!! Love. a.”
Meanwhile, ‘Queen’ opened to a mellow response at the Box Office at Rs 12 crore as of Monday (March 11). Taran Adarsh gave the official figures, “ Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2 cr. Total: ₹ 12 cr nett. India biz only… Mon better than Fri, despite reduced rates.”
The second big release of last week ‘Gulaab Gang, starring Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla in lead roles, collected nearly Rs 10 crore as of Monnday. Taran Adarsh tweeted, “ Fri 2.41 cr, Sat 2.97 cr, Sun 3.46 cr, Mon 1.13 cr. Total: ₹ 9.97 cr nett. India biz only.”
Ali Zafar and Yami Gauatam’s rom-com ‘Total Siyapaa’, however failed miserably at Rs 4 crore. #TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs. Total: ₹ 4.57 cr nett. India biz only.